Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mother/Daughter Brunch

Today was our annual “Mother Daughter” brunch over at the Hoffman Hotel.
This will be our 4th year of getting together.
We love all getting together and laughing (and crying) wow… lost of crying today.
My grandma was unable to come from Las Vegas this year and she was very missed.

Every year we do something a little different.
This year we were asked to bring a gift for our mother or daughter that was something special to us or something that meant something or basically whatever you chose to do. Then we all sat in a circle after brunch and did an exchange. There was a box of Kleenex on the table in the middle and it almost felt as if we were all in a counseling session. Which we all got a great laugh out of. Some of us were unable to read of gifts without crying. It was so nice to see all of the thought and effort that went into everyone gifts. My MIL (the one and only BEST MIL EVA) gave me my husbands baby book with a very special picture and letter attached about how much she loves me. My mom told me a few words (that made me cry) and then gave me a black pearl that she had gotten for me from
Tahiti several years ago that she is going to have made into a ring for me.

This year’s menu was white chicken chili and salad with bread.
The desert was fabulous as always which was a French vanilla ice-cream topped with Clementine’s marinated in cinnamon sticks and sugar with shredded chocolate on top.
It was a very special day with lots of laughs.
Note to self: do not go camping with Francine… Ha Ha Ha…
See you all next year…

No comments: